Amanda-Users

Re: Can I change the /tmp/amanda dir somewhere on the client host to another mount point as I have disabled executables in /tmp dir

2006-09-05 11:20:16
Subject: Re: Can I change the /tmp/amanda dir somewhere on the client host to another mount point as I have disabled executables in /tmp dir
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:12:33 +0100
HI Paul

My tmp has the correct permissions.

# ls -ld tmp
drwxrwxrwt  14 root root 552 Sep  5 15:30 tmp
server:/ #

Yes my Amanda client has stopped working since I re partitioned and set
noexec and nouser for /tmp dir but I have done a fair bit since the
partition. Anyway I amended the fstab and things didn't get better So
for now I am ruling fstab out.

Thus going to disable SuSE default Firewall I did add the ports anyway
kets see.

Cheers

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator