Amanda-Users

Can I change the /tmp/amanda dir somewhere on the client host to another mount point as I have disabled executables in /tmp dir

2006-09-05 09:00:05
Subject: Can I change the /tmp/amanda dir somewhere on the client host to another mount point as I have disabled executables in /tmp dir
From: Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator <chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk>
To: Amanda List <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:49:05 +0100
Hi List

Got a good one here!

Mi boss decode to tighten up are new web server which is due to be
commissioned soon thus when I re partitioned the hard disk I created new
disks and thus create a /tmp dir mounted on /dev/hda9

Thus here is my /etc/ftsab thus I stopped the possibilities of runing
any executables from the /tmp directory but thus amanda cant create
selfchecks in /tmp/amanda

/dev/hda9/tmp   reiserfs  noexec,auto,nouser,rw,async,nosuid       1 2

Thus I am using amanda default program using Yast2 So is there a
parameter I can change on the client to use and create another directory
for example /usr/tmp/amanda which /usr directory has fstab entry as
below

/dev/hda8  /usr  reiserfs   acl,user_xattr  1 2

Cheers

--
Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi