Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader

2005-06-27 20:30:49
Subject: Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader
From: "Artur F. Pimentel" <artur AT unisuam.edu DOT br>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:15:49 -0300
Stefan and all:

> I forgive you, but please stop hi-jacking threads ...
> Simply write your new message to amanda-users AT amanda DOT org ...

I'm sorry. I thought just change the subject was enough. Laziness, what else
can I say?? :((

> I hope this helps:
>
> http://www.amanda.org/docs/systemnotes.html#id2530998
>
> Please let us know, if you find some OS-specific problems ...

This helps a lot, Thanks. I'll keep you informed with my progress.:-))

> Try it ;)

Unfortunely, I don't have this hardware to try, and if does not work, return
it to the retailer. We will buy this product if I say OK. And will be my
responsability if it not work. That's why I am asking to this list if someone
knows this combination works. :((

> AMANDA-tape-device-rule: If your OS supports it, AMANDA supports it.

I quite sure the VXA-2 will work, but I'm very afraid about the
"autoloader" (By the way, autoloader and tape changer is the same thing? I
have already read something about it in Amanda documentation, but I'm not
sure if I understand correctly...). If "Autoloader" does not work, I'll be
throwing out thousands $$$. ;))

> I am sure you will get some feedback, but you might also browse the
> archives:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&r=1&w=2

OK! I'll do my home work! :))) But if someone have an opinion about this
subject (best technology for backup), and thinks will not aggregate anything
new to this list, feel free to mail me in PVT. ;))

Thanks for your time!

Artur.
PS: This MARC system rocks! Fantastic...

--
Artur F. Pimentel
Analista de Suporte