Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader

2005-06-28 03:02:42
Subject: Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:35:04 +0200
Artur F. Pimentel wrote:

AMANDA-tape-device-rule: If your OS supports it, AMANDA supports
it.

I quite sure the VXA-2 will work, but I'm very afraid about the "autoloader" (By the way, autoloader and tape changer is the same
thing? I have already read something about it in Amanda
documentation, but I'm not sure if I understand correctly...). If
"Autoloader" does not work, I'll be throwing out thousands $$$. ;))

I understand. I don't have personal experience with this device but what
about the manufacturer, Exabyte? They should be able to tell you at
least about the linux-support and the compatibility with mtx or something.

I am sure you will get some feedback, but you might also browse the
 archives:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&r=1&w=2

OK! I'll do my home work! :))) But if someone have an opinion about
this subject (best technology for backup), and thinks will not
aggregate anything new to this list, feel free to mail me in PVT. ;))

Yes, I am sure.

Thanks for your time!

Artur. PS: This MARC system rocks! Fantastic...

Yep, much better than other archives ...
This is one of the reasons why nearly noone uses the list anymore ;)

Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger
AMANDA core team member