Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader

2005-06-27 16:32:54
Subject: Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:16:26 +0200
Artur F. Pimentel wrote:
Dear All:

First: forgive my terrible English. My mother language is Brasilian Portuguese.

No problem ...

Second: is my first message. If this is not the best place to post like that, forgive me!

I forgive you, but please stop hi-jacking threads ...
Simply write your new message to amanda-users AT amanda DOT org ...

I didn't find anything about put Amanda to work as client on MacOS X. Have anybody tried this yet?

I hope this helps:

http://www.amanda.org/docs/systemnotes.html#id2530998

Please let us know, if you find some OS-specific problems ...

How can I determine if the "Exabyte Autoloader VXA-2 1x10 1U" will work perfectly with a linux machine with Amanda Server installed?

Try it ;)

AMANDA-tape-device-rule: If your OS supports it, AMANDA supports it.

What is, in your opinion, the best hardware equipment to work with Amanda? I will have to backup 100 GB every day, and I have to retain this information for one or two weeks.

I am sure you will get some feedback, but you might also browse the archives:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&r=1&w=2

Stefan

--
Stefan G. Weichinger