Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader

2005-06-27 16:34:36
Subject: Re: Amanda and MacOS X and Exabyte autoloader
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: artur AT unisuam.edu DOT br
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:19:16 -0600
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 17:03 -0300, Artur F. Pimentel wrote:
> How can I determine if the "Exabyte Autoloader VXA-2 1x10 1U" will work
> perfectly with a linux machine with Amanda Server installed?

The easiest test is to use the commandline mtx utility. If mtx can
manipulate your autoloader (which I'm guessing it can, given the success
we've had with our new Exabyte Magnum 1x7 unit), then Amanda can be
configured to use it as well.

> What is, in your opinion, the best hardware equipment to work with Amanda? I
> will have to backup 100 GB every day, and I have to retain this information
> for one or two weeks.

Your VXA autoloader should be fine for this purpose. However, a better
question would be, how much do you expect this data size to grow in the
next year? It may be worth looking at some LTO solutions if your data
size is going to double.

Graeme

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
Linux Administrator

My views and comments do not necessarily reflect the views of my
employer.