Amanda-Users

RE: AMLABEL - might be a bug in amtapetype

2005-02-08 09:23:50
Subject: RE: AMLABEL - might be a bug in amtapetype
From: "Gil Naveh" <gnaveh AT cleverex DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:18:03 -0500
Hello and thanks,

So it turn out that my suspicious were correct.
After rerunning amtapetype twice on our Solaris 9 server I got the
configuration for Ultrium2-LTO slightly different and with the new results
amlabel worked fine :)
In the first run I got the following result:
        define tapetype unknown-tapetype {
            comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware compression off)"
            length 207465 mbytes
            filemark 939 kbytes
            speed 17489 kps
        }
But Amanda could not identify my tape drive.

In the second run I got the following results:
        define tapetype unknown-tapetype {
            comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware compression off)"
            length 206819 mbytes
            filemark 918 kbytes
            speed 17477 kps
        }
which worked fine.

Anyway, I'll publish the results for the Ultrium-LTO2 tape drive on Amanda's
website.

Thx,
gil