Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-12 12:12:37
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:04:03 -0500
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 11:18:00AM -0500, Eric Siegerman wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 January 2005 16:40, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> >Also, I think that if both types of devices exist on the same bus,
> >the lower performance one determines the performance of the entire
> >bus.
>
> In theory, this is *not* the case.  ...
>
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:48:17PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> As to the whole chain being restricted to the speed of the slowest
> device, I've heard that, but it doesn't, on the face of it, make a
> lot of sense to me

Gene, Eric,

Thanks for the correction.
I'm glad I remembered to say I wasn't a scsi expert.
My comments provide the proof.

> <off-topic>
> > To many folks forget that a a scsi bus is indeed
> > an rf transmission line, subject to the usual rules about vswr.
>
> >From the context it's pretty clear what "vswr" means, but what
> does it stand for?
> </off-topic>

Wondered too, as I'm posting anyway, I'll guess: v??? standing wave reflections

jl
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)