Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-21 11:46:33
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:37:14 -0500
Stefan,

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 10:48:54PM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> BC> Major imporvement though still below the acceptable threshold.
>
> BC> Definitely looking like it was never an amanda issue, this looks to
> BC> be an underlying architecture problem.
>
> I hope that you spot the issue soon, sounds much better already ;-)

Always the simple stuff. Block size (still need to find out how to
reset at boot time), SCSI bus length...

Confirmed with SGI engineer, with the Narrow device on the bus we
are limited to 1.5 meters, we'd have been ok with WIDE devices, 3 Meter
limit but we are clearly over.

Will see if I can't get permission to remove SDLT/shoebox and see if
the jukebox doesn't work properly. In the longer term I think we've
convinced the machine owner to purchase/install an additional SCSI card.

                                                thank you,

                                                Brian
---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org