Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-10 16:37:15
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:28:56 -0500
Jon,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 04:19:45PM -0500, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > Something that didn't error during the write but did
> > during the read ?
> >

> This is not too surprising to me.
>
> A tape with a blocksize of 132k will accept a write of 32k and
> simply pad it to the required size.  No errors.
>
> But on read back, it will not allow a read of 32k when the
> blocksize of the taped data  is 132k.  That could be your read error.
>
> In recent versions, amanda can work with blocksizes other than 32k.
> I forget if it is a configure option needed during the build or
> a parameter that can be set in amanda.conf.  I've never used it.

It has been an eventful afternoon.

I'll try to get a newer version installed tomorrow.

I just learned that I have have a device ordering problem on the
scsi chain.

Looks like the robot may be interfering with my second sdlt in
the shoebox. Though I don't expect it to be causing a problem
with the sdlt within the robot case.

samar 39# scsiha -t -p 1
BUS PARMS: Selection Timeout: 250000 uS, Host SCSI ID: 0, SE
TARGET PARMS: [1] async. transfers, NARROW
            : [2] sync. period: 50 nS, sync. offset: 14, WIDE
            : [4] sync. period: 50 nS, sync. offset: 14, WIDE
            : [5] sync. period: 50 nS, sync. offset: 14, WIDE

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org