Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover not listing all files in backup.

2005-01-12 11:59:10
Subject: Re: amrecover not listing all files in backup.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:50:32 -0500
On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 06:12:55PM -0700, Dwight Tovey wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> I've recently started using Amanda for my backup strategy, and I'm having
> a problem with amrecover.

Frank seems to have set you on the correct path, replacing your tar version.
So just a hint about using amrecover.  When browsing it presents the file
tree as it existed on a particular date.  So suppose you accidentally go
looking for a file that was deleted, by mistake, two or three days ago.
If your last level 0 was before that, the file is recoverable, but
when you start amrecover, it shows the file tree as of the last amdump,
i.e., with the file deleted.  To see and extract the file you must
reset the date in amrecover to a date when the file still existed.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)