Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-11 03:29:33
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:11:31 +0100
Hi, Jon,

on Montag, 10. Jänner 2005 at 22:19 you wrote to amanda-users:

JL> In recent versions, amanda can work with blocksizes other than 32k.
JL> I forget if it is a configure option needed during the build or
JL> a parameter that can be set in amanda.conf.  I've never used it.

The parameter blocksize goes into the tapetype-section in
amanda.conf.

"man amanda" says about that parameter:

       blocksize "int"
              Default:  32 kbytes.  How much data will be written
              in each tape record.  The minimum  blocksize  value
              is  32  KBytes.   The maximum blocksize value is 32
              KBytes.  The maximum is set during  configure  with
              --with-maxtapeblocksize.

Maybe this is just documented wrong, as the minimum is the same as the
maximum, except when you set another maximum with the
configure-option.

But as I see from the other thread, Brian is on another path right
now ... maybe he'll come back to blocksizes later.

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger