Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data

2005-01-19 16:22:49
Subject: Re: amrestore problem, headers ok but no data
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:02:21 -0500
Info update only.

Ok.... we've shutdown the Origin 300 and swapped the scsi daisy-chain
around a little.

At this point the SDLT in the shoebox was able to restore a large
tar file without causing a SCSI reset and hanging the system.

I then set the blocksize on the SDLT in the jukebox and relabled
the amanda tapes. I ran an amdump with only 3 DLE, one using dump
and 2 using (gnu)tar. As always, the amdump completed with (apparent)
success.

This time however I was actually able to restore the dump file (a
relatively small level 1), and partitially restored both tar dumps
before they each hung the bus and caused a reset.

My hope is that the (NARROW) robot is still between the SDLT in the
jukebox and that swapping the scsi cable and the terminator on the
jukebox will resolve the issue. I'm waiting on the vendor of the
jukebox on this info - if I don't hear quickly I'll just open the
cover on the jukebox and have a look inside.

Major imporvement though still below the acceptable threshold.

Definitely looking like it was never an amanda issue, this looks to
be an underlying architecture problem.

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org