Amanda-Users

Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)

2004-11-03 16:30:14
Subject: Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: James Marcinek <jmarc1 AT jemconsult DOT biz>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:03:53 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 at 8:50pm, James Marcinek wrote

> OK I got you. Could I still add options, enclosing them with them within the
> '{}' fields (eg exlcude "/var/holding" )
>
> servername /var root-tar { exclude "/var/holding" }
>
> or can I only do this in the amanda.conf.

You can do it in disklist, but it would look like this:

servername /var {
     root-tar
     exclude "./holding" }

1) The dumptype is defined just like in amanda.conf.  That is, the first
   entry is like a #INCLUDE, and the following entries all modify that.
   Thus why root-tar is inside the {}s.

2) All includes and excludes are relative to the diskdevice you specify.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering