Amanda-Users

Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)

2004-11-03 11:03:55
Subject: Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)
From: "James Marcinek" <jmarc1 AT jemconsult DOT biz>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:38:15 -0000
The server's running RH9 and the client is RHWS 2.1.

I'm making my backups based upon the 'dumptypes' defined in the amanda.conf
example that was provided to me. The only 'dump' dumptype that I see is for a
full dump. What is the best recommended practice and could anyone show me
examples of 'dumps' that are not just full-dump types.

If the directory approach is better I want to make sure that I have the format
of the disklist correct:

system  directory dumpname??(<- kind of confused about this) { put definition
and includes, excludes,et here}

Can someone give me an example and breakdown?

Thanks,

James