Amanda-Users

Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)

2004-11-03 12:38:40
Subject: Re: Problems backup up hde5 (/)
From: "James Marcinek" <jmarc1 AT jemconsult DOT biz>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:30:42 -0000
Here's the version of amanda on both the client and the server:

Client amanda version:
rpm -qa |grep amanda
amanda-client-2.4.2p2-4
amanda-2.4.2p2-4

Server amanda version:
rpm -qa |grep amanda
amanda-server-2.4.3-4
amanda-2.4.3-4
amanda-client-2.4.3-4

As I mentioned in my previous reply, the client is running Red Hat Workstation
2.1 and the server is running Red Hat 9.

I would like to use the directory method versus device; I would appreciate an
example or excert of one to verify that I've set the definitions properly.

I also looked at the debug logs on the client and the same indications are
present.

thanks for the help everyone!