Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover not seeing/displaying all files?

2004-02-14 18:46:44
Subject: Re: amrecover not seeing/displaying all files?
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>, Amanda users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:53:04 -0600

tar that Amanda was configured with.  I suspect that you may have
two different versions of tar on the box and Amanda is using a
broken one.

Bingo - you and Jon L. both pinned this one down. Knowing there were multiple versions of tar on this machine I tried to be smart by specifying the --with-gnutar flag. Of course, I pointed it at one of the wrong versions (1.13 instead of 1.13.25). :-/

> If I were to take the index file, make a copy, strip the numbers and /./ out of the copy, and put it in place, would that work? (Writing some perl to find out, so this is somewhat of a rhetorical question. :-)

I don't think that works (or at least it didn't when I tried it a

Actually it did! I was able to grab my file last night after processing the index files with a little command-line perl regexp. :-)

Of course, during last night's backup, the kernel/SCSI module had an issue and now I can't get the tape device back online. It's always something! Thanks for your help on this issue.

-Fran