Amanda-Users

Re: Samba mounted holding disks....

2004-02-15 20:20:39
Subject: Re: Samba mounted holding disks....
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:33:11 +0100
Hi, Dan,

on Sonntag, 15. Februar 2004 at 19:53 you wrote to amanda-users:

DB> The holding disk on our backup server died a couple of weeks ago and we
DB> have yet to get the replacement for it installed so for the last couple
DB> of weeks we've been dumping the backups which would normally go to the
DB> holding disk to a windows partition on a workstation (one of a couple
DB> with enough diskspace to do this).

A setup that is kind of special ;)

DB> This appears to be running normally
DB> without problems except that amcheck always reports a problem which
DB> "Should be fixed before run, if possible."

How did you mount the smb-share? smbfs, cifs?
Is there anything else inside the share? (Should not ...)
I assume that amcheck is not able to determine the actual free space
on that share.

Permissions on the mountpoint?

You could patch amcheck.c to remove the line that prints the WARNING.
Somewhat brutal, but effective.

--
best regards,
Stefan