Amanda-Users

Samba mounted holding disks....

2004-02-15 20:20:40
Subject: Samba mounted holding disks....
From: Dan Brown <monkeypants AT shaw DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:53:19 -0600
The holding disk on our backup server died a couple of weeks ago and we have yet to get the replacement for it installed so for the last couple of weeks we've been dumping the backups which would normally go to the holding disk to a windows partition on a workstation (one of a couple with enough diskspace to do this). This appears to be running normally without problems except that amcheck always reports a problem which "Should be fixed before run, if possible." The problem is that amcheck will report either 0 KB free, or some negative value because the partition which the samba share is mounted to has less than the amount of space to be left on that partition.
When amdump runs however, no problems occur.
Is there any way to get rid of these messages until we get the new drive installed? (which we 'll leave until the share is full enough to amflush)

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
WARNING: holding disk /var/amanda/dumps: only 0 KB free, using nothing
ERROR: /dev/nst0: rewinding tape: No medium found
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Server check took 30.352 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.320 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)