Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover not seeing/displaying all files?

2004-02-13 17:30:37
Subject: Re: amrecover not seeing/displaying all files?
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:27:11 -0600

And a bit more information (sorry, should have debugged more first....again, Friday afternoon... :-)

Two more relevant bits of info....on the Amanda server, I have looked in the index directory for this client, and it did a level 0 on the 10th, and the file I want is listed in that index. The second bit of info is that when running amrecover on the client and I type history, it does show that a level 0 was done on the 10th. So, it's there, I just can't see it in the listing. I thought setting the date to the 10th might be interesting, but I saw the same results.

Thanks,
Fran

Fran Fabrizio wrote:

I am trying to restore a file from my web document root. This is an area that's been very static (except for today when I blew on top of something I shouldn't have :-) I went to run amrecover, and it's only showing files that have changed recently. For example:

/www
  /htdocs
    /staticarea
      /news
    /studentpages
      /joeuser

Ok, so my disklist is set to backup /www. None of these are symlinks or anything out of the ordinary. So I run amrecover, and starting at /www, what I see is...

amrecover> ls
2004-02-13 htdocs/
amrecover> cd htdocs
/www/htdocs
amrecover> ls
2004-02-13 studentpages/
amrecover> cd studentpages
/www/htdocs/studentpages
amrecover> ls
2004-02-13 joeuser/
/www/htdocs/studentpages/joeuser
amrecover> ls
2004-02-13 filejoeuserchangedrecently.html
amrecover>

Am I not understanding how amrecover works? Shouldn't I be seeing all the files in that area? I want to restore /www/htdocs/staticarea/news/page.html, how do I go about this?

Am I having a stupid Friday afternoon moment, or is this messed up? Did my index get hosed or something?

-Fran

--

Fran Fabrizio
Senior Systems Analyst