Amanda-Users

Re: how to restore WIN files

2004-02-14 04:03:16
Subject: Re: how to restore WIN files
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: Allen Liu --- work <allen AT bellglobal DOT com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:59:36 +0100
Hi,
this is not a text-file it is a simple tar archive holding your data.
The name of the file tells you where it comes from, (pete.__boat_binary) when it was created (20040213) and the dump-level (1).
so its an incremental backup from 13 february this year.
untar the needed files from it and move them over to your WIN machine.
Christoph

Allen Liu --- work schrieb:
I backed up some windows files thru SAMBA. It looks fine for backup.
When I tried  to restore them using:
    amrestore <config>

it created a file in text format on my Sol box like:
$file pe*
pete.__boat_binary.20040213.1:  ascii text

How can I recover files in it to WIN machine ?

Thanks

Allen Liu
IP Application Design and Engineering
Bell Canada
(613) 781-7368, allen AT bellglobal DOT com
1240 -160 Elgin St, Ottawa,ON, K2P 2C4