Amanda-Users

Re: concurrancy

2004-01-22 10:47:58
Subject: Re: concurrancy
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:44:14 -0500 (EST)
Stefan,

Will append the dumptypes information at the end of this email

er, global-dumptype ?

I extracted a few, I can send the complete list but I'm not
seeing a default prototype.

> BC> # changed from 8 to 4... can't explain excessive time to backup 4
> partitions -ck
> BC> inparallel 4            # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel
> BC> # maxdumps, added 21-jan-2004 BRC
> BC> maxdumps   2            # max (concurrent) to be run on any individual
> "client"
>
> Please let us see your dumptypes plus the [global]-dumptype.

[stuff removed]

>From amanda.conf
----------------
tapedev "/dev/rmt/0hn"  # hmm go up one level of drive and up 2 in description!!
 -ck

tapetype SDLT220        # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)
labelstr "^NOTES_DLT[0-9][0-9]*$"       # label constraint regex: all tapes must
 match

diskdir "/amanda/work"          # where the holding disk is
disksize 70000 MB               # we have a 36g disk for amanda.... -ck
                                # 01-15-04 added 72 gb disk -ck
# added 26-Nov-2003 BRC
# Numbers from amanda.org faq-o-matic, remember, most of these
# numbers aren't used for anything, only the length is really important.
define tapetype SDLT220 {
    comment "Super Differential Digital 220"
    length 101444 mbytes
    filemark 496 kbytes
    speed 2165 kbytes
}

define dumptype comp-user {
    comment "Non-root partitions on reasonably fast machines"
    options compress-fast
    priority medium
}
define dumptype holding-disk {
    comment "The master-host holding disk itself"
    options no-hold
    priority medium
}

define dumptype comp-root {
    comment "Root partitions with compression"
    options compress-fast
    priority low
}