Amanda-Users

Re: concurrancy

2004-01-21 11:42:43
Subject: Re: concurrancy
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:40:37 -0500
On Wednesday 21 January 2004 10:57, Brian Cuttler wrote:
>Good news,
>
>We where able to double the size of the holding disk, unfortunately
>it didn't have the expected effect of shortening run-time. We
> expected that we'd be able to dump the two larger partitions
> concurrently.
>
>If amanda doesn't want to do this I know I can't force it to (dump
> order will not overwrite run time calculations - will it ?).
>
>My question is why amanda isn't allowing concurrently with the
> larger partitions when I'm certain we have enough spool space.
>
>How do I do about go about finding out why these partitions aren't
>dumping at the same time, actually, its just an assumption that they
>aren't but given the run time of the partitions and elapse time of
>the job its probably a pretty good guess.
>
>We have dumpers 4, I can include as much of the amanda.conf file as
>anyone wants.

In your disklist, are these partitions on the same drive/spindle
number?

If they are, then amanda will serialize the dumps to keep from
thrashing the drives seek mecchanism so much.  If they are not, then
you may want to add spindle numbers to the disklist entries to tell
amanda that they are on different physical drives.

[...]

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap,
ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: