Amanda-Users

Re: concurrancy

2004-01-21 12:24:34
Subject: Re: concurrancy
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:22:29 +0100
Hi, Brian,

on Mittwoch, 21. Jänner 2004 at 17:20 you wrote to amanda-users:

BC> Thank you, yes, I do have inparallel, set the holdingdisk size and
BC> spindle numbers default (to -1 ?) so they shouldn't be an issue.

BC> I think Paul had it right, I'd missed "maxdumps", I'm sure I'd
BC> have spotted it if present as "1" but I'm running a version of
BC> amanda.conf that doesn't include it.

Grrr, "maxdumps" was the parameter I wanted to look for in your
dumptypes ;-)

BC> We tend to carry amanda.conf forward from one version to another
BC> even when upgrading the software itself. Probably a bad policy, I
BC> mean it prevents typos but we end up losing out on the newer parameters
BC> until we hit a call and have to go digging.

This has happened to me, too.

Maybe worth discussing to more explicitly tell which parameters are
new/removed with each release.

Or writing a nice script for upgrading amanda.conf ...
Just dreaming ...

--
best regards,
Stefan