Amanda-Users

RE: 2GB filesize limit?

2004-01-16 01:26:42
Subject: RE: 2GB filesize limit?
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:23:30 -0800
Are you using ext2 or ext3 as your file system?  If not, check the file
system docs.

I ran into this problem with Amanda 2.4.4p1 on a RedHat 7.1 system but when
I switched to Suse 8.1, it went away.  I could reproduce the problem with dd
but I was also using ext2 file systems.  I don't what happens if you are
using something else.  I know that Suse 8.1 dump won't work on a Reiser file
system although tar works just fine.

Dana Bourgeois