Amanda-Users

2GB filesize limit?

2004-01-14 17:43:50
Subject: 2GB filesize limit?
From: "William S. Bear" <bear AT math.umn DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:42:00 -0600 (CST)
I'm trying to use Amanda to backup to disk (4TB RAID) using the tapeless
config from the FAQ.  Dumps of the file systems are well over 100GB, but
Amanda appears to die with the following error once the dump reaches 2GB:

ERROR taper no-tape [[writing file: short write]]
FAIL driver xxx.xxx.xxx.edu /dev/sdb1 20040114 0 [dump to tape
failed]
FINISH driver date 20040114 time 138.900

I'm able to create files larger than 2GB using dd and various other
utilities.  I can manually dump filesystems greater than 2GB directly to
the disk without issue.

After looking at the source, I noticed there is special code in Amanda to
handle these large file writes.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?  I've googled, and haven't
found much on the topic.  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Will