Amanda-Users

Re: amanda server on sco 5.0.6

2003-12-22 17:31:34
Subject: Re: amanda server on sco 5.0.6
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:28:18 -0500
On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:52:27PM -0500, Kurt Yoder wrote:
> I get some warnings (I culled these from the other configure messages)
>
> configure: WARNING: *** You do not have gnuplot.  Amplot will not be
> installed.

This is a package dependency.  Amplot relies on gnuplot, so if
you want the former, you gotta install the latter.  If you don't
care about amplot, no problem.  (I have no opinion as to whether
or not you *should* care about amplot :-)

> configure: WARNING: `cc' requires `-belf' to build shared libraries

Ok, what this says about the compiler couldn't be clearer; but as
for what it means for configure, I haven't a clue  :-/ Is it
telling you to add "-belf" to CFLAGS?  Why can't configure do so
itself?  Or did it add them already (in which case, why's it
bothering you with the warning?)?  If all else fails, you could
always --disable-shared.  But don't do that yet; we don't yet
know if it's needed.

> configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: check for missing prerequisite
> headers?
> configure: WARNING: netinet/ip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
> result

Ignore this.  It's not something users need to worry about -- it's more a
message for the Amanda developers.  (If you're curious, see
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amanda-users/message/45004).

> configure: WARNING: *** No readline library, no history and command
> line editing in amrecover!

As with the gnuplot message, this means that an optional
prerequisite couldn't be found, but that configure has worked
around it by suppressing some functionality.  Whether it's worth fixing
is up to you.

None of these configure warnings has anything (that I can see) to
do with tape changers.

> Can I just remove all references to changer-src from the configure
> script? I don't need a tape changer. Would I break amanda-server if
> I tried to compile without changer-src?

Not sure; try it and see...

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau