Amanda-Users

Re: amanda server on sco 5.0.6

2003-12-23 08:58:36
Subject: Re: amanda server on sco 5.0.6
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: "Eric Siegerman" <erics AT telepres DOT com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:53:19 -0500 (EST)
Eric Siegerman said:

<snipped>

>> Can I just remove all references to changer-src from the configure
>> script? I don't need a tape changer. Would I break amanda-server
>> if
>> I tried to compile without changer-src?
>
> Not sure; try it and see...

OK, removed all from configure, did make clean, re-ran configure,
ran make. Everything compiles OK. I installed everything on another
SCO 5.0.6 machine. I add the folders and config files that the
amanda server and client look for. amcheck runs OK, so I try to run
"amlabel REDailySet1 REDS1tape01". Now I get a whole bunch of errors
like:

"/usr/local/etc/amanda/REDailySet1/amanda.conf", line 1:
configuration keyword expected
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/REDailySet1/amanda.conf", line 1: end of line
expected
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/REDailySet1/amanda.conf", line 2:
configuration keyword expected
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/REDailySet1/amanda.conf", line 2: end of line
expected

for every line in the config file. I'm guessing the amanda.conf is
fine, because I copied it from a working configuration on Linux and
only changed a few specifics. Line 1 should be OK:

org "Regency DailySet1"

So if amlable is having trouble with this line, but this line
appears syntactically correct and doesn't cause warnings for
amcheck, doesn't it indicate some sort of trouble with my compiled
amlabel? Could commenting out changer-src have caused this? Or is it
something else?

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator