Amanda-Users

Re: WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?

2003-12-21 12:54:45
Subject: Re: WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Dean Pullen" <dean.pullen AT virtuefusion DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:51:01 -0500
On Sunday 21 December 2003 12:43, Dean Pullen wrote:
>I did have the FQDN in the hosts file, then tried IP and just
> machine name on its own. Still no difference.
>
>Surely if amandad isn't running (which I think I've concluded from
> looking through the running processes and the fact that nothing
> appears in /tmp/amanda after startup), then I need to sort that out
> first?
>
>Dean.
I would say thats the right direction.

Just for grins, say you disable all 3 functions for amanda in the
/etc/xinetd.d directory and then restart xinetd.  Does it then report
3 less services than before on the restart?  I think it should, but
haven't personally tried it.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: