Amanda-Users

RE: WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?

2003-12-21 07:43:15
Subject: RE: WARNING: database01: selfcheck request timed out. Host down?
From: "Dean Pullen" <dean.pullen AT virtuefusion DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:47:24 -0000
Thanks for your interest and replys guys, I think we're getting closer to a
solution [I hope].

I'm using SuSE 8.2 (but using the amanda rpm from SuSE 9.0) - which I believe
uses xinetd.
Not that I know the difference. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a newbie in all areas,
so please bare with me.

Presumably this is a problem seeing as I have edited the inetd.conf instead of
a xinetd.conf? Why would there be a inetd.conf if SuSE is using xinetd?

And Gene, I have set all amanda files to disable=no within /etc/xinet.d/ as you
suggested in a previous post.

Thanks,
Dean.