Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running

2003-11-24 13:45:29
Subject: Re: amcheck: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running
From: cccbg AT t-online DOT de (Cedric Boudin)
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:29:03 +0100
Paul Bijnens writes:
 > Cedric Boudin wrote:
 >
 > > Hello honourable readers of the list,
 > >
 > > After some succesfull testing, I wanted to make a run for real. As
 > > recommended in the FAQ I removed:
 > >
 > >   -curinfo
 > >   -any log files from the log directory
 > >   -tapelist
 > >   -reseted the changer state file
 > >
 > > so I run the amcheck on a particular configuration and I do get:
 > >
 > > Amanda Tape Server Host Check
 > > -----------------------------
 > > Holding disk /var/backups/holdingdisk: 1431256 KB disk space available,
 > > that's plenty
 > > WARNING: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running
 > > WARNING: if they are not, you must run amcleanup
 > > NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/test/curinfo/dell: does not exist
 > > NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/test/index/dell: does not exist
 > > Server check took 0.023 seconds
 > >
 > > ---------------
 > > so I run
 > > amcleanup on the configuration
 > >
 > > and amcheck does not believe me.
 > >
 > > I checked that I did not forget to delete the recommended files
 > >
 > > no process is running, no tape is in the drive
 >
 > Then there probably is a file named "amflush". Rename it to "amflush.0"
 > or "amflush.1" (next free number).
 > Maybe you ran amflush or other testing as root?  Then some
 > files/directores were created as root, and now owned by root, amanda
 > cannot write in them.

I've cleaned everything up the amanda instalation is if a dare say
virginal. I can't figure out where amcheck does get the info. No
amanda process is runing and I' doubled checked theres is absolutely
no file whatsover in /var/lib/amanda/test (indices or curinfo) and
/var/log/amanda is as empty as it could be. I chown'ed all the dirs
the amanda user is sole user
????