Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running

2003-11-24 15:46:29
Subject: Re: amcheck: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running
From: "Wojciech Jedliczka" <wj AT 3v DOT pl>
To: "Cedric Boudin" <cccbg AT t-online DOT de>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:43:21 +0100
> Paul Bijnens writes:
>  > Cedric Boudin wrote:
>  >
>  > > Hello honourable readers of the list,
>  > >
>  > > After some succesfull testing, I wanted to make a run for real. As
>  > > recommended in the FAQ I removed:
>  > >
>  > >   -curinfo
>  > >   -any log files from the log directory
>  > >   -tapelist
>  > >   -reseted the changer state file
>  > >
>  > > so I run
>  > > amcleanup on the configuration
>  > >
>  > > and amcheck does not believe me.
>  > >
>  > > I checked that I did not forget to delete the recommended files
>  > >
>  > > no process is running, no tape is in the drive
>  >
>  > Then there probably is a file named "amflush". Rename it to "amflush.0"
>  > or "amflush.1" (next free number).
>  > Maybe you ran amflush or other testing as root?  Then some
>  > files/directores were created as root, and now owned by root, amanda
>  > cannot write in them.
>
> I've cleaned everything up the amanda instalation is if a dare say
> virginal. I can't figure out where amcheck does get the info. No
> amanda process is runing and I' doubled checked theres is absolutely
> no file whatsover in /var/lib/amanda/test (indices or curinfo) and
> /var/log/amanda is as empty as it could be. I chown'ed all the dirs
> the amanda user is sole user
> ????

When I have been testing many different tapeless configuration, I used
two shell scripts:

First removes any amanda files:

#
rm -fr /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/curinfo/*
rm -fr /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/index/*
rm -f  /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/log.2003*
rm -fr /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/oldlog/*
rm -f  /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/amdump.*
rm -f  /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/amflush.*
rm -f  /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/multi-changer-status
rm -f  /usr/local/var/amanda/gnutar-lists/*
rm -fr /tmp/amanda
cp -f /dev/null /etc/amandates
chown amanda.disk /etc/amandates
chmod 660 /etc/amandates
#

The second removes any "tape" dependent files and creates new "tapes":

#
rm -fr /archive_disk/tape_A*
rm -f /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/multi-changer-status
rm -f /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/tapelis*
touch /usr/local/etc/amanda/YourConfig/tapelist
for t in {1,2,3,4,5,6}; do {
        mkdir /archive_disk/tape_A$t;
        mkdir /archive_disk/tape_A$t/data;
        };
done
for t in {1,2,3,4,5,6}; do {
        /usr/local/libexec/chg-multi -slot advance;
        /usr/local/sbin/amlabel YourConfig YourConfig0$t slot $t;
        };
done
/usr/local/libexec/chg-multi -slot advance
#

You can modify and try to use them.

Wojtek