Amanda-Users

Re: Memory requirements for Amanda Server

2003-11-24 13:47:10
Subject: Re: Memory requirements for Amanda Server
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:45:00 -0500
On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 01:04 PM, Tom Brown wrote:

We are building an amanda backup server and have a question regarding
memory requirements.  My guess is that Amanda is more processor
intensive than memory intensive.  Is this correct?  For a dedicated
backup server that won't be doing much of anything else, is 512MB of
memory enough?

i have such a beast running on RedHat with 256 meg of RAM and its fine

My amanda backup server is a pentium 90 with 32M of ram, running FreeBSD 4.9. Seems to work no problem (admittedly, I only have about 30-40 disk-list entries, writing to DDS3)

Ricky