Amanda-Users

amcheck: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running

2003-11-24 11:56:29
Subject: amcheck: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running
From: cccbg AT t-online DOT de (Cedric Boudin)
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:53:55 +0100
Hello honourable readers of the list,

After some succesfull testing, I wanted to make a run for real. As
recommended in the FAQ I removed:

  -curinfo
  -any log files from the log directory
  -tapelist
  -reseted the changer state file

so I run the amcheck on a particular configuration and I do get:

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /var/backups/holdingdisk: 1431256 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
WARNING: skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running
WARNING: if they are not, you must run amcleanup
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/test/curinfo/dell: does not exist
NOTE: index dir /var/lib/amanda/test/index/dell: does not exist
Server check took 0.023 seconds

---------------
so I run
amcleanup on the configuration

and amcheck does not believe me.

I checked that I did not forget to delete the recommended files

no process is running, no tape is in the drive

I remember I had that problem before but forgot to take notes  and my
memory fails me right now.

Does anybody out there keep notes in a beter way or has a non failling
memory :=)

archives and google search did not help much on this topic

cedric