Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck fails

2003-11-06 10:05:33
Subject: Re: amcheck fails
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Christoph Brunner <christoph.brunner AT internetx DOT de>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:04:11 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 at 3:59pm, Christoph Brunner wrote

> > nslookup, dig and host do not use the same resolver as regular libc
> > based applications do. Try "ping" or "telnet" and see if it figures the
> > IP out.
> ping works correct.
>

> > When using xinetd, which version are you using? Does upgrading the
> > client to xinetd 2.3.12 or xinetd CVS help? Older xinetd versions are
> > nasty (read: non-functional) when IPv6 stacks are involved, even when
> > IPv6 is not in use. For instance, my in.ntalkd and amanda would not
> > work.
> xinetd is already version 2.3.12
> I don't want update to CVS because the host will be in a productive
> environment (if it ever will work).

Jumping in, perhaps having missed some stuff...

Is there a firewall on this box?  What are the settings?  Are TCP
wrappers getting in the way?  If you watch the traffic during the amcheck,
what do you see?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering