Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck fails

2003-11-06 04:38:24
Subject: Re: amcheck fails
From: Christoph Brunner <christoph.brunner AT internetx DOT de>
To: gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:35:37 +0100
Hi,

my amanda file in /etc/xinet.d/ looks exactly like this, the options are set
correctly, too. I am not running inetd, only xinetd.
Only the localhost (backup03m) is not passed correctly in amcheck, other hosts
are ok.
I tried the disklist file with 'localhost' instead of 'backup03m': The amcheck
passes, but i get errors in starting amrecover, that backup03m isn't in
disklist.
To me it seemed easier to change 'localhost' to 'backup03m' in the disklist
file than change anything else in the configuration.
But why can't amcheck connect to the host it is running on?

Nice greetings,
Christoph

Am Donnerstag, 6. November 2003 10:21 schrieben Sie: