Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck fails

2003-11-06 05:30:39
Subject: Re: amcheck fails
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: InterNetX - Christoph Brunner <christoph.brunner AT internetx DOT de>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 05:28:26 -0500
On Thursday 06 November 2003 05:16, InterNetX - Christoph Brunner
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>amcheck fails, whether 'backup03m' is in my hosts file or not.
>But, anyway, 'backup03m' is in the DNS and can be resolved
> correctly. 'backup03m' is the only name of the host, it has no
> aliases.

Mmm, dunno if its critical or not, but doesn't it also have a FQDN?

Like here, this machine is coyote.coyote.den, alias "coyote", and
obviously with a 192.168.x.x address.  I have another named
gene.coyote.den, alias gene, etc. :-)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: