Amanda-Users

Re: I'm toast... (WAS: I'm lost...)

2003-07-16 07:04:58
Subject: Re: I'm toast... (WAS: I'm lost...)
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Anders Norrbring <anders AT norrbring DOT biz>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:03:15 +0200
Anders Norrbring wrote:

Well, me too..  But, there are others using the system, and the don't always
'settle' for a nightly backup of entire systems.  They need (for a reason
I'm too stupid to understand) backups every now and then of files they need
to archive immediately (at any time *sigh*) and store away in their private
office safe. (?)

For these kind of request (I get them too), I burn a CD.  Better,
there is a CD-burner for them to use; my job is just to give them
the CD's.  They have their precious data to carry with them, and
they know what to label it, and where to store it.
We're soon going to install a DVD burner too, because the amount
of data they need to store is increasing too.