Amanda-Users

Re: post operative (almost) sanity checks

2003-07-16 07:09:04
Subject: Re: post operative (almost) sanity checks
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 13:08:32 +0200
Hi,

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 04:01, Christoph Scheeder wrote:
Hi,
1.) i hope you only have one of the lines (A) and (B) in your
amanda.conf at the same time, don't you?
2.) line (A) is the correct one for chg-scsi
3.) remove each and every comment from your chg-scsi.conf file, they
sometimes confuse chg-scsi.
hope it helps....
Christoph

Item 3.) above is something I've never had to do here. If there ever was a problem, its long since scrolled out of my wet ram history. Currently running release 2.4.4p1-20030715.

possible, i installed the changer a while ago wit 2.4.2p2, now im running 2.4.4 to, but it just poped to my mind
i had problems with comments in it, and none without them.....
Christoph

Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM wrote:
thanks Jay,  makes great sense.
so the tpchanger envirornment is attemping to call the C program in
the libexec directory

NOW my only problem IS:   tpchanger should call the C program
(chg-scsi) in my case... where does the CONFIG (chg-scsi.conf) get
called from, or it doesnt need to be?

so this error(s)
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
(1)amcheck-server: could not get changer info: could not read
result from "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailyBackup/chg-scsi.conf"

or now:
(2)amcheck-server: could not get changer info: check your config
and use a config file for chg-scsi ..amanda.conf snippet:
..snip..
notes:  IF THIS line (A) is commented/# out, I get errror 1
(otherwise I get error B
(A) tpchanger "chg-scsi"
# the tape-changer glue script
(B) tpchanger "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailyBackup/chg-scsi.conf"
tapedev "/dev/rmt/0n"   # the no-rewind tape device to be used
changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailyBackup/chg-scsi.conf"
changerdev  "/dev/scsi/changer/c1t0d0"