Amanda-Users

Tape Robots

2003-05-23 16:10:04
Subject: Tape Robots
From: "Richard Russell" <richard AT yellowgoanna DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 02:00:52 +0930
Hi all,

I'm rather new to Amanda, new to tape Robots, somewhat unfamiliar with
the finer points of SCSI, and am completely new to this mailing list.
Bear with me :)

I am about to acquire a tape robot. All I know about it is that it's an
"ALT 4/52" with 3 DLT4000 drives, and an "Ultra-Wide Differential SCSI"
interface. Unfortunately, that's all I know. My two questions, in brief,
are "will I be able to make this work with Amanda under Linux?", and
"what sort of SCSI card will I need?"

Does anyone have any information that will help me here?

Cheers

rr

--
Richard Russell