Amanda-Users

Re : amrecover : unable to find index

2003-05-16 04:20:29
Subject: Re : amrecover : unable to find index
From: Julien CABIECES <cabieces.julien AT wanadoo DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:14:51 +0200 (CEST)
Joshua-Baker Lepain wrote :

> > amrecover> setdisk /usr/OTSI
> > Scanning /var/tmp...
>
> It's looking in /var/tmp for your index files, but...
>
> > rpm-tmp.69001: skipping cruft file, perhaps you should delete it.
> > 200 Disk set to /usr/OTSI.
> > No index records for disk for specified date
> > If date correct, notify system administrator
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > I don't understand why it doesn't find my indexes. I have checked: my
> > are in the directory
> > /usr/media2i/amanda/infos_sauvegarde/index/localhost/_usr_OTSI
>
> They're somewhere else.  Look in your amanda.conf for this setup -- what
> is 'indexdir' specified as?  Do you perhaps have multiple versions of
> amanda hanging about (i.e. a vendor installed one and one you compiled)?

indexdir "/usr/media2i/amanda/infos_sauvegarde/index"

How can I checked multiple version , I have done "rpm -qa | grep amanda and I
have the following things

amanda-server-2.4.2p2-9
amanda-client-2.4.2p2-9
amanda-2.4.2p2-9

I think they are all different , amanda must be a common base to amanda-server
and amanda-client. What do you think about that?
any other amanda.conf files on my system are simple examples ( saved the files
from my previous works )

> > They contain 2 files named 20030507_0.gz and 20030512_1.gz. This one
> > "20030512_1.gz" (the most recent of the two) contains the tree : /usr/OTSI.
> >
> > My amanda.conf is set with the right path to access index, and log, ...
>
> Ah.  Check for multiple versions.
>
> > Something weird, I don't manage to execute "ls". It returns nothing at all
> > ..!!!
>
> Can't execute ls where?  On the tape server?  In some particular
> directory?  Details.

example :

[root@localhost root]# amrecover media2i
AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on localhost ...
220 localhost AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.
200 Access OK
Setting restore date to today (2003-05-16)
200 Working date set to 2003-05-16.
200 Config set to media2i.
501 No index records for host: localhost.localdomain. Invalid?
Trying localhost.localdomain ...
501 No index records for host: localhost.localdomain. Invalid?
Trying localhost ...
200 Dump host set to localhost.
Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD
amrecover> setdisk /usr/OTSI
Scanning /var/tmp...
  rpm-tmp.69001: skipping cruft file, perhaps you should delete it.
200 Disk set to /usr/OTSI.
No index records for disk for specified date
If date correct, notify system administrator
amrecover> ls
amrecover> lpwd
/root
amrecover> pwd
/usr/OTSI
amrecover> ls
amrecover>

--> I don't understand really "ls". does it works on the virtual file system (
where root is /usr/OTSI ) or on the real system file ( where root is "/" )

Thanks for advance

Cabieces Julien