Amanda-Users

amrecover : unable to find index

2003-05-12 11:10:10
Subject: amrecover : unable to find index
From: Julien CABIECES <cabieces.julien AT wanadoo DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:05:37 +0200 (CEST)
message envoyé à

Hello, nice to see Lepain overseas isn't it ?

I'm Philippe Lepain from sunny southern France !

I thought a LePain could help me ?

I used amdump on my following directory /usr/OTSI which contains some files and
directories. It seems Okay except that I don't manage to restore my directory
with amrecover.

When I launch "amrecover conf", I get the following message :

AMRECOVER Version 2.4.2p2. Contacting server on localhost ...

220 localhost AMANDA index server (2.4.2p2) ready.

200 Access OK

Setting restore date to today (2003-05-12)

200 Working date set to 2003-05-12.

200 Config set to media2i.

501 No index records for host: localhost.localdomain. Invalid?

Trying localhost.localdomain ...

501 No index records for host: localhost.localdomain. Invalid?

Trying localhost ...

200 Dump host set to localhost.

Can't determine disk and mount point from $CWD

Then I do:

amrecover> setdisk /usr/OTSI

Scanning /var/tmp...

  rpm-tmp.69001: skipping cruft file, perhaps you should delete it.

200 Disk set to /usr/OTSI.

No index records for disk for specified date

If date correct, notify system administrator

I don't understand why it doesn't find my indexes. I have checked: my indexes
are in the directory
/usr/media2i/amanda/infos_sauvegarde/index/localhost/_usr_OTSI

They contain 2 files named 20030507_0.gz and 20030512_1.gz. This one
"20030512_1.gz" (the most recent of the two) contains the tree : /usr/OTSI.

My amanda.conf is set with the right path to access index, and log, ...

Something weird, I don't manage to execute "ls". It returns nothing at all
...!!!

Question : why is it that  amrecover is not able to find my indexes ?

Can you help ?

Thanx !

Philippe