Amanda-Users

ERROR: carrot: [GNUTAR program not available]

2003-05-15 07:13:08
Subject: ERROR: carrot: [GNUTAR program not available]
From: "Nigel Barker" <nigelb AT muscat DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 12:08:43 +0100
Hi

I'm sure that this is more of a solaris 8 thing than Amanda, but maybe
someone else here has hit the same problem?

Initially, amcheck reported that gnutar and runtar were not installed.

I duly copied in runtar, and installed gnutar, but I still get an error for
gnutar.

bash-2.03$ which tar
/netapp/packages/mus-local/SunOS/5.8/bin/tar
bash-2.03$ /netapp/packages/mus-local/SunOS/5.8/bin/tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.12

Copyright (C) 1988, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
bash-2.03$

Thanks

Nige