Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover : unable to find index

2003-05-15 09:13:45
Subject: Re: amrecover : unable to find index
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Julien CABIECES <cabieces.julien AT wanadoo DOT fr>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:11:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 15 May 2003 at 10:37am, Julien CABIECES wrote

> amrecover> setdisk /usr/OTSI
> Scanning /var/tmp...

It's looking in /var/tmp for your index files, but...

> rpm-tmp.69001: skipping cruft file, perhaps you should delete it.
> 200 Disk set to /usr/OTSI.
> No index records for disk for specified date
> If date correct, notify system administrator
>
> I don't understand why it doesn't find my indexes. I have checked: my indexes
> are in the directory
> /usr/media2i/amanda/infos_sauvegarde/index/localhost/_usr_OTSI

They're somewhere else.  Look in your amanda.conf for this setup -- what
is 'indexdir' specified as?  Do you perhaps have multiple versions of
amanda hanging about (i.e. a vendor installed one and one you compiled)?

> They contain 2 files named 20030507_0.gz and 20030512_1.gz. This one
> "20030512_1.gz" (the most recent of the two) contains the tree : /usr/OTSI.
>
> My amanda.conf is set with the right path to access index, and log, ...

Ah.  Check for multiple versions.

> Something weird, I don't manage to execute "ls". It returns nothing at all
> ..!!!

Can't execute ls where?  On the tape server?  In some particular
directory?  Details.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering