Amanda-Users

Re: make w/ amanda ignoring DESTDIR

2002-09-17 14:12:05
Subject: Re: make w/ amanda ignoring DESTDIR
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: Jean-Louis Martineau <martinea AT iro.umontreal DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:47:19 -0500
On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:

>It works for me.
>Which release of make are you using, it must be gnu make?

I'm using the SysV/POSIX make that comes with IRIX in /sbin/make.  It
works just fine to compile most GNU packages that use automake,
including amanda.  Everything works smoothly right up until I try to
install to a temproot.  It only wants to install in /usr/local
irregardless of what I set DESTDIR to in the environment or on the make
command line.

Are you saying this works for you in general or specifically on an SGI?

>> grep DESTDIR Makefile common-src/Makefile
[snip]

>I have the same reference to DESTDIR in the Makefile.in
>Do you get them?

I have an identical set of occurences of DESTDIR throughout Makefile and
Makefile.in, yes.  It's a pristine amanda source directory.  From what I
see in the amanda-hackers archives it looks like there were problems
with amanda being DESTDIR clean in the past but that the patches which
correct the problem were committed prior to 2.4.2p2, the version I am
using.

Thanks,

--
Brandon D. Valentine <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
Computer Geek, Center for Structural Biology

"This isn't rocket science -- but it _is_ computer science."
        - Terry Lambert on current AT FreeBSD DOT org.