Amanda-Users

Re: Tape DDS-3 values

2002-09-12 10:52:48
Subject: Re: Tape DDS-3 values
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Kablan BOGNINI <kbognini AT yahoo DOT fr>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:22:31 -0500
--On Thursday, September 12, 2002 15:54:43 +0200 Kablan BOGNINI <kbognini AT yahoo
DOT fr> wrote:

I am using HP DDS-3 tapes for my backup. I've tried to
get the correct values for my tape. But tapetype gives
this result:
define tapetype HP-DDS3-DAT {
    comment "just produced by tapetype program"
    length 9860 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 840 kps
}

I think this is not correct because I've a DDS-3 125M
tape with 12GB.

Could someone give me more accurate values for this
tape or point me to doc ?

You probably have compression enabled on your drive, and
it is making tapetype's data bigger.  Try turning off the
compression and re-running tapetype.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com