Amanda-Users

RE: Working with multiple tape drives----- Ammended

2002-09-11 13:14:05
Subject: RE: Working with multiple tape drives----- Ammended
From: "Quinn, Richard C. - Collinsville IT" <rcquinn AT roysterclark DOT com>
To: "Gene Heskett" <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 11:50:51 -0500
Yes,

my box is a Sparc E-450 running Sol 6.

I am using the SST driver for Solaris 6.

I think it(SST Driver) is the predecessor to Solaris' sgen driver for
Sol 7 and 8.

Here are the boot messages for the Jukebox robotic arm and its 2 QUANTUM
drives

Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3:        found Changer device at tgt0,
lun0
Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3:        Vendor/Product ID = STK     9730
Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3 at pci1000,f7:
Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix:  target 0 lun 0
Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3 is /pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sst@0,0
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix: st57:        <QUANTUM DLT7000>
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix: st57 at pci1000,f7:
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix:  target 1 lun 0
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix: st57 is /pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@1,0
*******
*******This Bottom entry is the Problem Tape Drive
*******
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix: st58:        <QUANTUM DLT7000>
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix: st58 at pci1000,f7:
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix:  target 2 lun 0
Sep  4 12:30:17 sun1 unix: st58 is /pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/st@2,0

and, as I said before, I can write and read and such to the tape drive.

As Tien That Ton stated earlier,  I am starting to wonder if the issue
might be with the Robotic Arm.

AFAIK, the arm recalibrates itself upon powering on (At least that's
what the messages say).

If I knew the SCSI commands,  I'd send some SCSI commands to the robotic
arm directly.

Would I find such a thing in the source code of chg-scsi, maybe in
chg-scsi.c?