Amanda-Users

Re: Working with multiple tape drives----- Ammended

2002-09-11 14:34:54
Subject: Re: Working with multiple tape drives----- Ammended
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:12:55 -0400
On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 06:01:38PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 September 2002 12:50, Quinn, Richard C. -
> >
> >Yes,
> >
> >my box is a Sparc E-450 running Sol 6.
> >
> >I am using the SST driver for Solaris 6.
> >
> >I think it(SST Driver) is the predecessor to Solaris' sgen driver
> > for Sol 7 and 8.
> >
> >Here are the boot messages for the Jukebox robotic arm and its 2
> > QUANTUM drives
> >
> >Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3:        found Changer device at
> > tgt0, lun0
> >Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3:        Vendor/Product ID = STK
> >   9730 Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3 at pci1000,f7:
> >Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix:  target 0 lun 0
> >Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3 is /pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sst@0,0
>
> And try as I might, includeing hilighting the cmplete message, there
> is something in the listing that prevents me from quoting it all.
>
> The bottom line is that for this, I think you are going to need the
> manuals on this device.  Its entirely possible it has a problem.  I
> find it different in that it finds the robot at address 0, and the
> two drives at address 1 and 2.  But properly set in amanda.conf and
> chg-scsi.conf, I don't believe that to be a problem.
>
> You may have to either take it to a winderz box and check it with
> their software, or return it to the vendor with your impression of
> the problem.

Richard,

I visited the StorageTek website yesterday hoping to see if they
had online manuals.  Seems that to get to the heard of the support
pages you have to register and I was disinclined.

However while reading some pages, and later visiting docs.sun.com
searching for storagetek, some software was mentioned lots of times.
I "think" the name was ACLCS, and it seemed to be the equivalent of
mtx, something to control the jukebox.  Solaris versions were mentioned.

I may have gotten totally the wrong impression, if so sorry for the
wild goose chase.  But do you have, or know of the software?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)