Amanda-Users

Re: Working with multiple tape drives----- Ammended

2002-09-11 13:40:02
Subject: Re: Working with multiple tape drives----- Ammended
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: "Quinn, Richard C. - Collinsville IT" <rcquinn AT roysterclark DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 18:01:38 -0400
From: "Quinn, Richard C. - Collinsville IT"
> <rcquinn AT roysterclark DOT com> To: "Gene Heskett"
> <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
>
>Yes,
>
>my box is a Sparc E-450 running Sol 6.
>
>I am using the SST driver for Solaris 6.
>
>I think it(SST Driver) is the predecessor to Solaris' sgen driver
> for Sol 7 and 8.
>
>Here are the boot messages for the Jukebox robotic arm and its 2
> QUANTUM drives
>
>Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3:        found Changer device at
> tgt0, lun0
>Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3:        Vendor/Product ID = STK
>   9730 Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3 at pci1000,f7:
>Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix:  target 0 lun 0
>Sep  4 12:30:12 sun1 unix: sst3 is /pci@1f,4000/scsi@4,1/sst@0,0

And try as I might, includeing hilighting the cmplete message, there
is something in the listing that prevents me from quoting it all.

The bottom line is that for this, I think you are going to need the
manuals on this device.  Its entirely possible it has a problem.  I
find it different in that it finds the robot at address 0, and the
two drives at address 1 and 2.  But properly set in amanda.conf and
chg-scsi.conf, I don't believe that to be a problem.

You may have to either take it to a winderz box and check it with
their software, or return it to the vendor with your impression of
the problem.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M