Amanda-Users

What could cause disk offline error?

2002-08-06 10:11:48
Subject: What could cause disk offline error?
From: "support" <support AT nas DOT net>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:02:32 -0400
Am having troubles with two disks being backed up. All other disks are
working ok, but I get these two failing as "disk offline" errors.

Shows up in log as:

got result for host delta disk /home: 0 -> -1K, 1 -> -1K, -1 -> -1K
got result for host delta disk sd0d: 0 -> -1K, 2 -> -1K, -1 -> -1K

Seems to be that it cannot get the size, and am wondering if that is the
issue? (and what might fix it)

My defined dumps for these disks are:

define dumptype part1dump {
    comment "Delta part 1"
    global
    priority high
    exclude "./[abcdefghijkl]*"
}
define dumptype part2dump {
    comment "Delta part 2"
    global
    priority high
    exclude "./[mnopqrstuvwxyz]*"

Whereas I'm splitting a /home directory into two parts, as it is a large
size to attempt one backup. The exclude format seems to work ok. I tested it
by doing an ls -ld ./[abcdefg]* at the prompt, and it did perform a correct
listing of directories.

Tim